Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dresses!

I've sent this email to all the bridesmaids (except Kylie, I don't have her email address). Here is a copy:

Hello Lovely Ladies!

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I am happy to report that after an exhaustive search, Sara has chosen the bridesmaid's dresses for her wedding. The dress is at David's Bridal, style 8355 in the color "clover". The dress is marked down to $79.99 on the website. It should be the same price in the stores as it is online.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_detail.jsp?stid=1353&prodgroup=110

I strongly recommend you take a trip to your nearest David's and try on the dress as the sizes can be a little unpredictable. Sara has requested we all order our dresses as soon as possible, but February 19th (her birthday) at the latest. This will ensure that all the dresses arrive nice and early so we have plenty of time for alterations and delays.

Speaking of alterations--I have tried on the dress and the length is a little weird. I believe it is described as "tea length" but on my 5'4" it was more like "top of the ankles length". Sara and I determined that the most attractive length is for the dress to hit the bottom of the kneecap. This should be an easy way to make sure all the dresses are the same. Probably everyone's dress will need the hemline lifted. It is a very easy alteration, anyone with a sewing machine and a little know-how can do it. Alterations at David's cost between $40 and $60 (just for the hemline). This is really expensive. If anyone needs help finding someone to alter their dress please let me know, I know several people in the Wilmington-Kankakee area who would do it for free.

Okay, I know that was a lot to throw at you. I'm really excited to get these dresses and get Sara and Andy one step closer to being finished with their wedding planning! If you have any problems with finding the dress, meeting the Feb. 19th deadline or anything else, don't hesitate to call me (see my number in the real email!).

I'll shoot another email Friday, after I buy my dress and let you all know how it went and if there is anything we missed.

Love!
Abby, Maid of Honor

p.s. There is a Junior Bridesmaid dress that may be better for Kylie. David's style JB2815. I don't know her size, but Sara thought that the the junior dress might work better for her. The junior version has similar lines and is the same color, but has straps and a better fit for the less full-figured :)