Monday, May 5, 2008

The Flood!

This post has little to do with the wedding, but I was involved in a "flood" just 15 short minutes ago! I was in the kitchen deciding if I wanted carrots that were expired or fresh strawberries. As I chose the safe side..the berries..I noticed water with bubbles seeping out of the dishwasher. My first thought was that it was broken. However, it was not...I had somehow actually messed up doing dishes. I got the mixture ratio of soap to water wrong, and it is now confirmed I am horrible at domestic tasks. I was never very good at domesticated type work (other than baking chocolate chip cookies, of course), but I can't cook, I miss the corners when I clean, I shrink laundry, and apparently I can't wash dishes. Luckily, Andy is a good cook, he's good at cleaning, and he can do dishes. I have nearly a year until I am married. I need to work on my domestic side. For some reason seeing the bubbles foaming at the bottom of the dishwasher was kind of discouraging. I'm glad one of us is good at these types of things!

1 comment:

miranda. said...

Q: Why did the woman cross the road?

A: Who cares, what was she doing out of the kitchen?!?!